Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

New year - New challenges!

I haven't entered a challenge for some time now, I hve been focusing on the 'Operation Write Home' cards I have been working on...
So, now it's a new year, and I wanted to start it off with entering a challenge, or two (or 4 !).

I made this card for my mother's birthday - I wanted to do something that was both elaborate and unusual for me. I used the following challenges as inspiration...




Patties creations challenge # 35 - Fancy Folds. Create a card using fancy folding techniqes.
I have never done a gate fold card, so I decided to try this technique. I actually really like the way it turned out, and will definitely use this technique again!

Polkadoodle week 2 challenge - Retro/Vintage. Create a card with a vintage or Retro theme.
This was my main inspiration. I received some lovely new paper stacks from K & Company for Christmas, that have a lovely Victorian rose and coordinating patterns. One of the papers had a lovely 'Mom' sentiment, and it incorporated perfectly. Again, really, really pleased with the way it all came together.

Cooking With Cricut - Challenge # 67 - Something New. Use something new, that you just got, and incorporate a Cricut cut.
I used a couple of things that I got for Christmas - My new papers (as mentioned above) as well as my brand new "Flower Shop' cartridge. Love it!!! After a few false starts, I got the hang of making paper flowers. I love the 'Sunflower' cut, and used this for all the flowers on the card. I love the way the end up looking kind of like straw flowers. I will be using the cartridge a lot, I think. :)

Christmas Blog Challenge - Birthday Wishes. This week didn't have to be a Christmas Themed card, just a birthday card.
As I mentioned, this was created for my Mother's birthday. (Sure hope she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it!) I intentionally left the inside with only the sentiment, as I wanted room to write (My mom is living in another city).

So - that's it. Big thanks to all the challenge sites for continuing to provide the inspiration to try new and interesting projects. sketches and techniques!!

Best Wishes!
Kat

5 comments:

  1. a great take on this weeks theme at the Winter Wonderland with this lovely creation, thank you for joining us this week.
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have candy if you are interested

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I love this type of a fold too. The colors are so pretty and that image is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.

    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and super fold!
    Thanks for playing in our 'Fancy Folds' Challenge #35, and for using a Digital OR Stamped image!
    ♥ Sandi
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, I'm sure your mum will be impressed. Thanks for joining us this week at Polkadoodles.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful gate fold card (and impressive that it's your first one). Love the soft colors. So glad you joined us for the fancy fold challenge at Pattie's Creations.

    ReplyDelete