Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Clean and Simple - A Red & Turquoise card

HI all...
I was browsing ideas for my dream craft room (don't laugh, we all have one!!!) and found this really awesome design with turquoise blues and red accents. It is a gorgeous room. I wanted to try and pull that in to my design this week. I have also been dying to use my Forever Young cartridge. In my surfing, I have seen cards with the Mrs. Claus dress and a sentiment - so I came up with my take on this fun, flirty design.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
 Christmas Inspirations - Anything Goes challenge # 41. A big shout out to my new Brazilian Crafting friends!
Through The Craftroom Door - Challenge # 20 - CAS - Include Sentiment. Great challenge! I wasn't sure if the 'ho,ho,ho' counted as a sentiment, so I added the 'Naughty/Nice'. Hope that's OK. :-)

I really love the way the colors go together, and I hope you enjoy this as well...


 As I mentioned, I used my Forever Young Cricut cartridge for the dress. I used a long one, and then cut it down to mini length and shaped the bustier to a sweetheart neckline. I added the belt - I used a gold bead for the 'buckle'.  For the ruffle at the bottom, I used tissues (as in kleenex. Strange I know, but it worked!) layered, then ruffled and fluffed. I cut several black boots, and glued them together to give them some depth. The sentiment is from the 'Opposites Attract' Cricut font cartridge, welded with my Gypsy.
As always, many thanks to the talented DT that put together these great challenges! I appreciate the time and effort and love playing along.

Blessings!
Kat

5 comments:

  1. Nice card Kat! Loved you card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges. We hope you will play with us along the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! And I really liked the combination of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your card, humorous and creative. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card !

    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card. I like combo colors and details you used.
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations.
    Hugs
    Lena

    ReplyDelete