Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Color Throwdown Challenge # 178

I love searching the web for new ideas, blogs and challenges. Last week at lunch, I came across the Color Throwdown blog. I immediately loved this week's challenge, Color Throwdown # 178. The rich earthy colors and the lacy, feminine look of the cake in the photo inspiration really appealed to me. I searched through my stacks, and found that I had the required colors, so I decided to play along. I think it turned out very well.



I started with a 'Vanilla' card, and used my Cricut Damask Decor cartridge for the background and the butterfly - I wanted to try and duplicae that flowing, lacy look of the cake. For the background, I used CoreDinations form the Chocolate Box collection, which has an orange 'Cajun Craze' type color when it's distressed. The paper Tag is from the Ashlyn's Alphabet Cartridge, stamped with a basic sentiment - I wanted something clean and simple to offset all the frou-frou. Still loving making my own roses, so created a lovely 'Vanilla' rose and bud, using an 'Early Espresso' type color for the leaves. And of course aded in some frou-frou - 'Summer Sun' Baby's breath and a scrap of ribbon I've had for some time. I decided to forego any extra bling - so no glitter or pearls this time!

Super Big thanks to the DT @ The Color Throwdown for the wonderful challenge...I certainly wouldn't have thought to design with those colors, but am glad I did.

Blessings!
Kat

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, what a beauty! LOVE this layout and the beautiful flower and butterfly. You rocked these colors... thanks for joining us! (And sorry about the Inlinkz problem... it's fixed now if you want to still ink your beautiful card!)

    ReplyDelete