Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

2nd Post of the day! St. Patrick's Day Card

WOW - 2 posts in one day. I was able to finish another card I've been working on, and found some challenges to enter it into! So let's get started (in no particular order!):
So - My card this time is a St. Patrick's Day card, which also happens to be my wedding anniversary. So lots of green, lots of bling, and lots of shamrocks.

I started with a white card blank and cut a window using my Cricut Christmas cartridge. I used my gypsy to only cut the window openings, then I re cut the window in a Core'dintations card stock that is the whitewash over green, so when sanded the green shows through. I also cut a blackout version of the window from vellum. I used my Simply Charmed cartridge and cut out a leprechaun and a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. The background paper is a very soft green (it's really hard to tell in the photo) with lots of tiny Shamrocks on it. Now here's my shamrocks for the BBTB2 challenge - they can tell me if this is acceptable. I used my Flower Shoppe cartridge and cut out the heart flower out of green card stock. I then removed 1 petal for a four leaf clover, or 2 petals for the shamrocks, and glued. I also made some regular heart flowers in a softer green. I wanted dimension and depth.
I put it all together, and added some white frou-frou from my Serenade cartridge and then loaded on the bling. Lots of green rhinestones in two tones, and gold heart rhinestones (it is for my anniversary, after all!) and a little silver shamrock charm. Stamped a March 17th sentiment, popped up with foam dots, the leprechaun is also popped with dots.
I put the pot of gold on the inside of the card, so it shows through the window, and added a sentiment.

Here it is...I love reading your comments so please let me know what you think!

 Close up of the flowers and the Shamrocks.

Close up of the window, showing the rainbow & pot of gold behind.

Here's the inside of the card...

OK - time to get on to other things today. Hope you enjoyed my card.
Thanks to the DTs for the wonderful challenges!
Blessed Be!
Kat

13 comments:

  1. What a cute take on our BBTB2 Shamrock challenge. Thanks for joining us.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your card on the BBTB2 blog and just had to come by for a better look. I love it...what a great idea! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card. Thanks for sharing at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so cute!! Love the little leprechaun. Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! How cute and creative! I just love your window with the pot of gold and rainbow showing through and the little leprechan is adorable. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 and happy Anniversary. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. a lovely creation and love the take on the colour scheme, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. Great image too. thank you for joining in at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for playing at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - hope you'll join us tomorrow for another fun challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute, I love the little leprechaun and all the pretty green flowers. This and the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is spot on for our End of the Rainbow Challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays this week.

    Danie - PTT Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! I love this card. The window is fabulous as are all of the shamrocks. Thanks for joining the shamrock challenge at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great St. Paddys Day card. Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card ! I love the window ! Thank you for playing along with us at BBTB2 !! Lori

    ReplyDelete